Professional
legal advice
for $99.

Avvo Instant
Talk to a lawyer

Divorce,Child custody and Indian marital property can be enforced in India

being Indian can USA jurisdiction be enforced in India w.r.t Indian property and also in the divorce paper my spouse has not considered the chiild custody so how the judge wil derive the decision in absence of child custody agreement. Divorce has been filed on ground of one year separation.

Morrisville, NC -

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Framingham, MA

I am sorry that you are going through this. The hague convention may apply depending upon certain aspects of your case however, you really should sit with a local NC attny and go over what you are trying to accomplish, the he or she can give you some more specific advice, I cannot tell from the question if you are already in INDIA with a US court order or if there are current temporary orders. Also, as you know Indian courts are very old and in many cases they may err on the side of their own law and not give full faith to another countries law regardless of what they are suppose to do.

Amber Stewart Billick

Amber Stewart Billick

Family Law Attorney - Concord, NC

If you are in India you may also want to get the opinion of an attorney there.