Divorce before CG - Immigration

Chicago, IL |

I am in trouble... I came to US because I believed in love... My husband is my first love. I was 17 when I met him. After 25 years he found me again. Short story: he visited me after 25 years, he was sweet and warm, so nice that he took me to Juliet's balcony to tell me that he loves me... after one year I am here in US with an abuser. Verbal and emotional abuser. I left my job in my hometown, I left actually everything and have nothing to go back for. Not even friends. But I can't stand anymore. I just received my EAD, but the CG is still pending. I really don't understand how could this happen to me, and my son. I have a MA in finance, but I am pretty naive in my private life. How can I avoid deportation? I am desperate. Thank you.

hi, fortunately you will not lose your green card if you are able to show the emotional and verbal abuse. Feel free to come into my office in downtown Chicago for a confidential and free consultation. Email or call for an appointment.

Dhenu Savla, Esq
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com

35 e wacker st
    Ste 900
    Chicago, IL 60601

2. If your spouse is abusive it may be possible to self petition for a green card. Speak with and retain an attorney. My firm handles these types of cases.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. You may file for a relief under the violence against women act, VAWA. This is America. You should not allow him to abuse you.

Good luck

Elkhalil Law Firm, LLC
    Hassan Elkhalil
    www.greencardusa.com
    (770) 612-3499

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not create attorney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with an immigration lawyer.