Divorce

San Francisco, CA |

I am planning to divorce with my husband. We have a five years old girl and I would like to be the primary caregiver. My husband has seizure and has been sick since our marriage. Due to my husband's sickness, he has gone into 3 car accidents that he ran into neighbor's front yard and gargage door while he had seizure while driving. He's driver license got suspense a few times because of his sickness and he still does not have his driver license yet. My parents has been taking good care of my girl since she's born, therefore, will it benefit me better to be the primary caregiver? I also have a very stable job and has been providing the health, vision insurance and all other expenses for my girl since she's a baby. I truly believe my husband can not take care of my girl due to his

In California, the Courts will take into consideration the best interest of the children, including factors relating to their health, safety and welfare when making orders for custody and visitation. The facts you have set forth would be highly relevant to the custody issue.

You list good reasons why you should be custodial parent. Employ a local attorney to get this accomplished..The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Georgia. Responses are based solely on Georgia law unless stated otherwise.