Skip to main content


Carrollton, TX |
Filed under: Divorce

My husband filed for divorce to force me to return back to him, I filed response and counter-petition, I also set for hearing. He has sent message to me that he never show up in the court. if he will not show up in the court, as he filed first, what will happen? will court issue divorce? or will I still need his signature that divorce will be finalized? if he will not sign final decree, and claim that he is not agree with that, what will happen?

Attorney Answers 3


You can't file for divorce to force someone to return to him - and you filing papers pro se clearly isn't a good idea, since you don't know appropriate procedure.

Consult a local divorce attorney and come up with a strategy that will work to achieve your goals.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

Mark as helpful


Set a trial date, show up with a final decree of divorce and prove it up in front of the court. Demonstrate you proved proper service and notice of this hearing.

I'd recommend at least consulting a local attorney to discuss your options.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees




then if he will not sign the final decree, the divorce will not be finalized?

Mark Anthony Cohan

Mark Anthony Cohan


No, you can still finalize it, you have to have a trial.


You can proceed on your counter petition. Hire a local lawyer.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics