Divorce

Asked over 1 year ago - Tracy, CA

My soon to be ex is not cooperating in financial settlement and dragging the divorce . She , s asking for x amount of monies . We are from Ireland and she recently opposed my bifurcation divorce motion to delay divorce because she needs to settle some court cases outside the country which is totally not true . Is that a good reason to stop getting divorced . I want to remarry soon and get rid of the monster . There are no other dependencies like retirement plan or health care . She filed for divorce and it has been an year since she is not cooperating interrogatories neither agree settlements . I am looking for trail . Can she stop me from getting divorced . She , s literally blackmailing me . Will the judge have jurisdiction over other country court cases to delay the divorce if he believe sher

1. Stephen Ross Cohen

2

1

Answered . You could file a motion to bifurcate and make a determination for status only. It may or may not be granted, but it is worth a try.