Divorce

Tracy, CA |

My soon to be ex is not cooperating in financial settlement and dragging the divorce . She , s asking for x amount of monies . We are from Ireland and she recently opposed my bifurcation divorce motion to delay divorce because she needs to settle some court cases outside the country which is totally not true . Is that a good reason to stop getting divorced . I want to remarry soon and get rid of the monster . There are no other dependencies like retirement plan or health care . She filed for divorce and it has been an year since she is not cooperating interrogatories neither agree settlements . I am looking for trail . Can she stop me from getting divorced . She , s literally blackmailing me . Will the judge have jurisdiction over other country court cases to delay the divorce if he believe sher

1. You could file a motion to bifurcate and make a determination for status only. It may or may not be granted, but it is worth a try.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.