Divorce / custody case: False accusation of abuse & supervised visitation requested. I have 1 child by me and my husband has 1.

Brooklyn, NY |

I have one child in my custody and my husband has one child in his custody. My husband had "his" child make a false accusation that I screamed at the child and is demanding that I have "supervised" visitation only. How can I be ordered to have "supervised" visitation when I am allowed to have "unsupervised" custody? does this make sense?

1. Just because your ex-husband "demands" it doesn't mean it is going to happen. You have unsupervised visitation now? Discuss this with your attorney and they will make the argument for you.

2. Such a paradox is very possible. Courts might not look deeply into all of your life's facts.

3. Yes. Presumably he is seeking a change. You need a local attorney ASAP.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

Child abuse topics