Divorce / custody case: False accusation of abuse & supervised visitation requested. I have 1 child by me and my husband has 1.

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I have one child in my custody and my husband has one child in his custody. My husband had "his" child make a false accusation that I screamed at the child and is demanding that I have "supervised" visitation only. How can I be ordered to have "supervised" visitation when I am allowed to have "unsupervised" custody? does this make sense?

1. Bruce Provda

Pro

1

Answered . Just because your ex-husband "demands" it doesn't mean it is going to happen. You have unsupervised visitation now? Discuss this with your attorney and they will make the argument for you.

2. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

1

Answered . Such a paradox is very possible. Courts might not look deeply into all of your life's facts.

3. David Alexander Browde

Pro

1

Answered . Yes. Presumably he is seeking a change. You need a local attorney ASAP.