Disturbing the peace question.

Asked over 4 years ago - Dunnellon, FL

My friends and I were confronted by a policeman in the parking lot of a local downtown area. We, as 20 year olds, were enjoying our night (sober of course) by joking about and what the policeman described as 'wrestling.' Is there any legal action the policeman could have done if we had continued roughing about? We were not fighting, it was just roughhousing.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ayuban Antonio Tomas


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you would not have stopped when he asked you to, or if you didn't leave the area after being asked to, he could have taken you in.

    THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,794 answers this week

2,845 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,794 answers this week

2,845 attorneys answering