District Judge ruled in favor of Defendants because I didn't have an expert witness. Should I appeal?

Asked about 1 year ago - Pottsville, PA

Today I was in District Court in Bucks County suing a business for not providing services after an amicable resolution could not be reached. The Judge ruled in the Defendants favor as I didn't have an expert witness present to testify that I didn't receive the services in accordance with the company's satisfaction guarantee and without considering ALL of the written documentation I had from the Defendants offering a full refund if I had specific tests done which I had complies with and the documented results came out in my favor. Amount of refund sought is $2,500.

What is my best recourse; appeal or take the loss? Can someone here assist me? I'm a young, 100% certified disabled vet who is in the middle of purchasing a home and don't have extra money to spend at the moment on legal help.

1. Lidia L. Alperovich

Pro

2

Answered . Filing an appeal will mean that you need to file a complaint and continue a full blown litigation in Doylestown, which is next to impossible to do without an attorney

2. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

Answered . It is very difficult to say, partially because I don't know enough about the case and partially because the outcome of these types are matters are hard to predict. You certainly have a better opportunity with an expert and an attorney. You will need to weigh the cost/benefit.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . Absolutely no way to help you without knowing everything about your case--including the type of court you were in and an understanding of the issues occurring at trial..

FWIW, If you don't have the funds to hire an attorney (because your tied up purchasing a house) I guess you'll have to let the matter drop. Not sure what being a "certified" disabled vet has to do with the matter.......