Dist/Del/Manf/Produce Or Attempt To Or Possess W/Intent To Dist/Del/Manf/Produce A Controlled Substance (Felony B RSMo: 195.211)

Asked over 1 year ago - Saint Louis, MO

My brother has two charges of this. I believe for marijuana and cocaine. His bail is set at $100,000. What is he up against? Apparently the NE MO Task Force invaded his Frat and found all this.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. John Derek James

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . He needs experienced representation as soon as possible. Each charge is a class B felony in Missouri, punishable by 5-15 years in prison. If he has two counts, that means he could face up to 30 years in prison. Many other things could happen and there is no way to know a likely outcome without knowing all the facts, circumstances and evidence. These are very serious charges and he needs the help of an experienced and successful criminal defense trial attorney.

    This answer represents this attorney's opinion regarding a general question. All cases and situations are very... more
  2. Rickey Dean Farrow

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your brother needs a good attorney who is experienced in all phases of the criminal trial process. You mentioned "task force" and that your brother was "invaded" which suggests a search warrant was probably used to arrest your brother and gather evidence. There are a number of potential hearings prior to trial that could come into play: bond hearing, preliminary hearing, suppression hearing, etc. Speak to an experienced criminal law attorney as soon as possible. It's possible one may visit your brother while he is in jail.

One or more answers have been taken down.

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,647 answers this week

2,269 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,647 answers this week

2,269 attorneys answering