Dissolving a partnership

Asked over 1 year ago - Glendale, CA

What sort of things is normally included in paragraph 4 of Form GP-4 titled "Other Matters, if any"?

1. James Noel Voeller

1

Answered . "Form GP-4" is not identifiable by your description. If you are planning to form a General Partnership you should seek out competent legal advice. This is not an area of the law that you should try to figure out on your own. Also, avoid the online legal document providers. There is no way that your interests will be properly protected without a competent attorney assisting you in this matter.

2. Frank A. Natoli

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague here. You may or may not need to file anything with the state to dissolve a general partnership (this can depend), but you do need to discuss it all over with a lawyer so all the facts and circumstances can be explored.

For example, there may be things you are not considering that can come back to hurt you later and may impact your overall liability.

Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    (see Disclaimer)

3. Matthew Erik Johnson

Answered . There are no standard forms for a partnership. The form you likely obtained is merely one template that was used online by one legal department. However, forms have significant limitations - as no form can ever be created that anticipates every partnership need. Every partnership make-up could be different, and the business could require separate negotiations and issues. A visit to an attorney would be a great idea - and is a GREAT idea for any new business owner. CPAs and attorneys are a competent business owner's best friend.