Dissolution filing fee?

What is the fee to file dissolution papers in California?

There is a fee of $435 assessed for the first document filed in a civil action including in the case of a marital dissolution. That first document could be your petition for dissolution or your response to a petition that was served on you. For a list of all fees for the Superior Court for the State of California, County of Los Angeles go to this link:

The filing fee varies a bit, depending on your county. For example, in L.A., it's $435 but in San Francisco, it's $450. You can find the filing fees for your county on the county specific superior court website.

Since July 1, 2012, $435 in LA Superior Court.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Recommended articles about Family law