DISSOLUTION CASE CHILD CUSTODY

Asked almost 3 years ago - Tacoma, WA

I was wondering is there a way around in getting Psychology and MD doctors records if someone had incest and suicidal thoughts. I know the names of the Professionals whom the EX had gone too.

1. Rodney George Pierce

Answered . The discovery process in litigation is designed to allow a party to obtain information that may be relevant to a pending case or may lead to relevant evidence. Thus, discovery will depend upon the facts and issues in each case. Important questions in a custody action may include issues such as incest and suicide and this information may be discoverable.

I would suggest that you contact a family law attorney and get a 30 minute free consultation. You may contact me and I will be happy to discuss the issue with you right away.

2. Bruce Clement

Pro

Answered . Normally you cannot get these records without a court order. Even then, the court often will order that the records will be reviewed only by the Guardian Ad Litem of the children.