Dissipation of marital assets and personal property

West Palm Beach, FL |

My spouse has been selling off/disposing of my personal property for months prior to and since filing for divorce. Both cars (leased in my name) have been repossessed; one just days after separation and the other driven by them for months after the required lease return. Since filing they have purchased a new car for themselves; I now have no vehicle. Majority of my belongings have been thrown away and numerous listings on Craigslist for other items uncovered months prior to separation and since filing.
I have provided the courts with a timely Answer to Dissolution and provided evidence of these facts asking for temporary injunction. Courts have set mediation for 6 wks from now. Is there any motion I can file to stop them from more disposal of belongings and assets? Thank yo

Most Florida Circuit Courts issue what is called "standing Order" that addresses these issues. You can file a motion for contempt of the standing order.

This is something I have yet to hear or read about until you responded. I will do some research on this matter. Thank you for this information and your response.

Have you spoken to your attorney about this?

This reply is provided for information purposes only and does not represent legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Divorce