Disseminating or spinning information that was recieved via email to community.

San Diego, CA |

I sent an email to a police department and city... they recieved it. I sent information with only truthful information inside. Lately I have been getting middle fingers and angry looks directed towards me. In the email it contained information and proof of the event that occured. If a member of the public who found out about me VIA the police department, and it was later found that all of his information was spectulative, and spun by the department to make me look bad. Could I sue for libel? These fingers and looks and even more brutal things, are causing me immense emotional pain and suffering. I understand that a group email is not confidential, but if the department and CITY disseminates the information as false, what would be my legal options?

Also, what would happen if someone proceeded to assault me? Say the police department investigated and found that all of his information was incorrect, what would be my legal options? I have shared nothing but the truth...

You have posted about this situation repeatedly over the past month or so, but the answer is the same each time. The police have no duty to hold confidential the fact or contents of your email. They are not liable for what any 3rd party does based on the disclosure of the fact or contents of your email. You keep looking for ways to ask the question so that the answer will come out differently, but in this circumstance the law is very clear and the police are not going to be on the hook because of your email.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship set forth in a written document executed by the client and by me or a member of my firm. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. I can give advice, make recommendations and answer specific questions only after reviewing the evidence and documents applicable to a specific client and following a personal meeting in my office in which the relevant facts can be developed and analyzed. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Not really ms fcuk face, how is this questions the same as my previous one? When the content I included in this was brand new as a result of new things appearing. It's not like I could time travel back then to the present and create some question which mimics all the details. You aren't necessarily looking at all the facts. You see an image and it doesn't change even when the background color changes... That's the way I see you and your intelligence and analyization perspectives. You big picture doesn't change based on minor details changing. I can't believe you were a judge. I wouldn't trust a person like you on my or my family's case.

I'm sure you can't analyze art for shlt

I'm sure you can't analyze art for shlt

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights