Dispute with general contractor, subcontractors have not been paid

Aberdeen, WA |

I had a house fire in November of 2007. The contractor we chose was very rude, caused loss of value to our home by taking out an attick and ruining our deck. One of their subcontractors ruined our flower bed and they told us they would replace what was ruined, but did not. There are also several items on the original insurance estimate that they were surpost to buy that we bought & were not reimburst for and things they jjust plain did not buy. Finally there are two subcontractors threatening to put leins on our home or sue us because they have not been paid.

They already received a check that our mortgage company cut to them that states "final draw". The mortgage company says that was the full contract amount. We then received a depresiation check from the insurance. If we keep out what is needed to replace, finish & fix what was ruined and enough to pay the subcontractors then write final payment on this check also will that check stating final payment be enough.

Casey

1. This sounds like a mess and I am sorry to hear about the fire. With that being said your contractand additional damages can be sought in superior court and the general contractor's bond should be liened.

Good Luck