Skip to main content

Dispute resolution final parenting plan modification?

Redmond, WA |

I have a final parenting plan in place. In the parenting plan dispute resolution has to be done through mediation with Family Court Services. The other parent has refused to do mediation. Do I have to file a motion for contempt of court because the other parent has refused to do mediation and can I file temporary modification to the parenting plan?

Attorney Answers 2


It depends on the issue. If it is a small matter, then a motion for contempt would be appropriate. Larger matters may require a Petition for modification.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Be sure to keep all attempts to initiate dispute resolution in writing. It is best to speak to a family law attorney regarding your specific case details and the best action plan.

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics