Disorderly intoxication and employment?

Parkland, FL |

I was arrested for disorderly intoxication and have never been arrested before. I was just a bystander in a bar fight and so the police just arrested everyone around. How will this affect my future employment opportunities? How should I explain this story? My record qualifies to be expunged. I'm in Florida

1. It is hard to say exactly how it will affect your future employment, but it is clear that in today's competitive workplace that a potential employee without a criminal record may have a leg up. The offense is minor, and you do not have any other criminal history so you should discuss your options with a local criminal defense attorney.

2. You may be impacted negatively. You can hire a lawyer to expunge but remember you only get one in Florida!

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.