Disorderly intoxication and employment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Parkland, FL

I was arrested for disorderly intoxication and have never been arrested before. I was just a bystander in a bar fight and so the police just arrested everyone around. How will this affect my future employment opportunities? How should I explain this story? My record qualifies to be expunged. I'm in Florida

1. William Alexander Corzo

5

Answered . It is hard to say exactly how it will affect your future employment, but it is clear that in today's competitive workplace that a potential employee without a criminal record may have a leg up. The offense is minor, and you do not have any other criminal history so you should discuss your options with a local criminal defense attorney.

2. William David Umansky

Pro

4

Answered . You may be impacted negatively. You can hire a lawyer to expunge but remember you only get one in Florida!