Disorderly Conduct Misdemeanor

Asked 5 months ago - Brooklyn, NY

My friend want to adjust his status through marriage to a US Citizen, but about 10 years ago in GA, 3 police officers arrested him when he allowed them to use his bathroom because they found Lipitor, but he my friend couldn't produce a prescription. He didn't know Georgia or anybody to call, so he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct. Will he have a problem when answering the question about being arrested, and does he have to provide any evidence by going to Georgia and getting documentation about the arrest?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . Without knowing what the Georgia statute says I cannot comment. I suggest that you re-post your question on the Georgia Avvo page.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

1

Answered . Should not be an impediment to adjust his case through marriage to a USC. However, friend needs to immediately go to the court and obtain a certified final disposition of the arrest and bring it to an immigration lawyer to analyze and make sure it will not cause any problems with his adjustment plans.

3. Jennifer Heewon Ahn

Answered . He needs to obtain a certified disposition for the arrest and meet with an immigration attorney to be sure it will not cause a problem for his case.