Disorderly Conduct in NY, Who can see it?

Floral Park, NY |

I was arrested and charged with Aggravated Harassment but plead guilty to Disorderly Conduct in NYC more than a year ago. My Conditional Discharge has been over too and the case is sealed. My question is who can see that I was arrested on background check? Can I do anything now to hide it from everyone except the government? I'm soon going to apply for Non govt jobs and my team might approach few angel investors for a business project we are working on. If Investors do any background check on me, will they see anything on my record? Again, My CD has been over and case is sealed. If background checkers can see my arrest record, is there anything I can do it prevent that? Please help. Thanks!

You should request your own criminal history and see what shows

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Can you please tell me where to request criminal history from? I really don't know. I'll really appreciate your answer. Thanks!

Anthony Michael Solis

Anthony Michael Solis

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/ojis/recordreview.htm

The exception to sealing is applying to be a police officer or for a gun permit.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Your case is sealed so know one will be able to see it. They may be able to see the arrest but you can explain that it was dismissed.