Disorderly Conduct

I was with my friend at walmart and hes 19 he decided to steal, i wasnt with him or around him and didnt know he was stealing till when he was about to walk out of the store i saw his jacket stuffed and hes really skinny so it was obvious. But after he got caught the police were called and i walked out a minute or 2 after i saw him getting caught. i was panicking because he got caught and i knew he was going to jail. so i walked out of the parking lot and back around to my car. They cuffed me even though i didnt do anything and just because i took him to the store and was with him and charged me with disorderly conduct. I didnt do anything though. I have court this upcoming monday. They also took a nintendo 3ds out of my car that was brand new but mine. and police say theyre keeping it?

Clio, MI -

Timothy A. Dinan

Timothy A. Dinan

Criminal Defense Attorney - Detroit, MI

You need a lawyer's help. Don't get convicted of something you did not do

David B. Carter Jr.

David B. Carter Jr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Charlotte, MI

Get a retained attorney and fight. Don't plead to anything you did not do. What is your friend saying? Is he saying you were in on it?

Zacharia Spencer Bonham

Zacharia Spencer Bonham

Litigation Lawyer - Okemos, MI

Get an attorney quickly.

Gerald R Stahl

Gerald R Stahl

Criminal Defense Attorney - Grand Rapids, MI

Yes you need an attorney and fight this case. I would add do not hang around with this friend or you will be back in trouble. Good Luck!