Disorderly conduct : what happens in court with this fine ?

Bohemia, NY |

A fight on a train not witnessed by the police. When getting off they were there waiting. Neither party wanted to press charges. One of the parties try to ask a question to another officer, about directions. And he got angry and pushed her. Then gave her a disorderly conduct ticket.

There is certainly a chance the case may disposed if with an ACD or a dismissal. Show up to court in time and work with your lawyer. Good luck.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

A violation must be an information on its face so the ticket can be dismissed if the Officer was truthful about not seeing it.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

If she is charged with Disorderly Conduct she faces a fine or jail. If she hires an attorney she may get the case dismissed or ACD.