Skip to main content

Disorderly conduct : what happens in court with this fine ?

Bohemia, NY |

A fight on a train not witnessed by the police. When getting off they were there waiting. Neither party wanted to press charges. One of the parties try to ask a question to another officer, about directions. And he got angry and pushed her. Then gave her a disorderly conduct ticket.

Attorney Answers 3


There is certainly a chance the case may disposed if with an ACD or a dismissal. Show up to court in time and work with your lawyer. Good luck.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


A violation must be an information on its face so the ticket can be dismissed if the Officer was truthful about not seeing it.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


If she is charged with Disorderly Conduct she faces a fine or jail. If she hires an attorney she may get the case dismissed or ACD.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics