Skip to main content

Disordely Conduct (Public Urination

Ashland, OH |

I was in State College PA and was caught urinating behind a bush by the local police. One officer took my license and the other questioned me. They returned my license and walked away with no paperwork nor did I sign anything. Two weeks later I received a disorderly conduct $250 fine. I live in Ohio. Do I need to pay this? I did not receive a citation at the scene nor did I sign anything staing my presence there? Any advise would be helpful

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You need to pay the fine. It doesn't matter where you live.

    Attorney Jason Chan
    77 Franklin Street, FL3
    Boston, MA 02110

    disclaimer: I am not licensed to practice law in your state. Please be aware that this is for informational purposes only.

  2. If you want to contest the charge, you need to go to Court. If you do not want to contest it, you need to pay the fine. If you do not, the Court will most likely issue a bench warrant. The information of the warrant being issued will be forwarded to your home State MV agency, which will typically suspend your license until you resolve the warrant. If you do not understand the direct and collateral consequences of this charge, you should consult directly with an experienced defense lawyer licensed in PA before you make any decisions on how to resolve this matter. Good luck.

    This information is offered for informational purposes only, as I do not practice law in your State. It is not intended as legal advice and you should not rely upon it to decide how to resolve this issue. No Attorney-Client relationship is intended or established by this response. You are faced with a situation where you need to consult with an experienced defense lawyer admitted to practice law in your State before you make any decisions as to how to resolve this issue.

  3. You need to pay it or make plans to fight it.

    Edward J. Blum

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics