Disordely Conduct (Public Urination

Asked almost 5 years ago - Ashland, OH

I was in State College PA and was caught urinating behind a bush by the local police. One officer took my license and the other questioned me. They returned my license and walked away with no paperwork nor did I sign anything. Two weeks later I received a disorderly conduct $250 fine. I live in Ohio. Do I need to pay this? I did not receive a citation at the scene nor did I sign anything staing my presence there? Any advise would be helpful

1. Jason Y. Chan

Answered . You need to pay the fine. It doesn't matter where you live.

Attorney Jason Chan
    77 Franklin Street, FL3
    Boston, MA 02110
    617-556-8220
    website: www.attorneychan.com
    blog: http://attorneychan.wordpress.com/
    twitter: http://twitter.com/AttorneyChan

disclaimer: I am not licensed to practice law in your state. Please be aware that this is for informational purposes only.

2. Howard Woodley Bailey

Pro

Answered . If you want to contest the charge, you need to go to Court. If you do not want to contest it, you need to pay the fine. If you do not, the Court will most likely issue a bench warrant. The information of the warrant being issued will be forwarded to your home State MV agency, which will typically suspend your license until you resolve the warrant. If you do not understand the direct and collateral consequences of this charge, you should consult directly with an experienced defense lawyer licensed in PA before you make any decisions on how to resolve this matter. Good luck.

Disclaimer
    This information is offered for informational purposes only, as I do not practice law in your State. It is not intended as legal advice and you should not rely upon it to decide how to resolve this issue. No Attorney-Client relationship is intended or established by this response. You are faced with a situation where you need to consult with an experienced defense lawyer admitted to practice law in your State before you make any decisions as to how to resolve this issue.

3. Edward Jerome Blum

Answered . You need to pay it or make plans to fight it.

Edward J. Blum