Dismissed Misdemeanor- Court records in background check

Hello Sir/Madam, If a Misdemeanor case was dismissed without Pre trail, Will it still show up in court records? This is for background check for employment. Please kindly help. Appreciate your response and your time dedicating for avvo. Thanks

Austin, TX -

Robert L. Keates

Robert L. Keates

Criminal Defense Attorney - Austin, TX

Yes, in Texas an arrest will begin to show up on background checks. If it was dismissed, the arrest itself would still show up, but would be listed with the Disposition: Dismissed.

You'll need to seek and Expunction to try and clear the arrest/dismissal from showing up.

Mckinley Wells Melancon

Mckinley Wells Melancon

Criminal Defense Attorney - Austin, TX

You should contact a local attorney and seek an expunction which, once granted, would result in removing record of the charge so your potential employer would not see it.

Stephen Andrew Hamer

Stephen Andrew Hamer

Criminal Defense Attorney

The arrest should show up until you get it expunged. Try the FIND A LAWYER tab above on this website, and find a local criminal attorney who does Expunctions/Expungements so this whole ordeal can be "erased" from your criminal history. It seems Attorney Keates may be a good place to start.

BEST ANSWER I got....I hope I was HELPFUL!

Related Advice