Dismissed charges on background check

Asked over 1 year ago - Charlotte, NC

I was arrested and charged with degree trespassing. My attorney worked out a deal at my second hearing to do 30hrs of community service and my charges were dismissed at my third hearing. I'm being asked to submit a background check saying: "Have you ever, under your name or another name, been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to a Felony or Misdemeanor crime, excluding: juvenile adjudication, convictions which have been expunged or sealed by a court, or any misdemeanor convictions for which any probation has been completed and the case dismissed by the court?"

Is my response no because I was not convicted?

1. Dewey Powell Brinkley

1

Answered . You can answer no to this question as you were never convicted or pled guilty to the trespassing.

2. Michaela Lea Bostrom

1

Answered . If the case was dismissed, then you are correct you have not been convicted of the crime.

3. Dustin R. T. Sullivan

1

Answered . You can answer no. However, in the future if you have a question on a application that asks "Have you ever been charged with a misdemeanor...." then you will have to state yes, but, I would also explain that the charge was dismissed.
    Best of luck on your application process and congratulations on your dismissal!

Call Trial Attorney Dustin RT Sullivan at (910) 508-2200 or visit us at www.sullivansnowlaw.com to find out more.