Dismissed by Diversion

Asked 8 months ago - Overland Park, KS

I've had an on going DUI case in Overland Park, Kansas and recently I searched the status of the case. I came across the ROA summary and it shows as of 05/22/2013 the charges were "Dismissed by Diversion" and the judge who dismissed them. What exactly does this mean? Are things finally over with?

1. Adebayo Ifasesan Kehinde Ogunmeno

Answered . It could mean you have completed your diversion conditions, and the time specified for your diversion has lapsed. If the ROA is accurate, it could mean you are off diversion, and you have been discharged from further obligations under the diversion agreement to the court. I suggest you contact your lawyer, or diversion officer to determine the true circumstances in your case. Good luck.