DISLIKE : Has anyone ever filed an immigration petition on your behalf ? Yes or No

Asked over 1 year ago - Quebeck, TN

I have denied I485 which I am not sure considered as immigration petition . I am now filing for a tourist visa since i am no longer living in the US . I don't know whether to answer Yes or NO . I am afraid this answer will affect my visa application .

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . The answer to this particular question is a "no", since a Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence is an individual application one files him/herself . What this question is looking for is whether anyone has filed a Form I-130 (family petition) or an I-140 (employment petition) on your behalf.

2. Laura Justine Jacobson

3

Answered . What was the I-485 based on? If it was based on a petition filed for you by a family member or by an employer, then you will have to answer Yes. It's possible that it will affect your visa application, but it's better to tell the truth. They will likely be able to find the record of the petition, and the consequences are worse if you don't tell the truth.

3. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

2

Answered . You must respond honestly. Believe me, the lie will catch up with you and bar you from future visits to the US if you don't. If anyone has petitioned you, better to say that and manage the problem. By manage I mean your case for why you want to return to your home country must be that much stronger!

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.