Discrimination on a Temporary Job when Pregnant & over stressed over it :(

Manteca, CA |

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and when I first found out I was pregnant at weeks I told the employer I was pregnant my supervisor told me she would have to talk to some people because they wanted someone long term even after she asked what my plans where after the baby came and I told her I had to continue working I can't afford to be a stay at home mom . I reported it to the agency I was hire though and they addressed it ! She got in trouble , will now i seem to be getting in trouble over the smallest thing I feel like shes harassing me I don't seem to do anything right ( shes no longer my supervisor ) But still has a lot to say to me . my main supervisors love me and are always telling me how happy they are with my work . I feel sad I'm really stressed what can I do ? Can't afford to leave my assignment .

I'm sorry you're having trouble, talk to an employment discrimination lawyer in your area. You can try to find one at www.nela.org

My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney before taking any action. My office offers free consultations. www.jrandolphlaw.com

*Do not leave your assignment.* Nothing that you've described gives me any reason to believe you have any reason to leave your job.

Pregnancy discrimination is against the law, but if this person is no longer your supervisor, then who cares what she has to say to you? It may be unpleasant if she takes out her frustrations on you, but bear up under it, and *keep your job.*

Harassing you or retaliating against you for complaining about pregnancy discrimination is illegal, but I'm certain from what you've said that you'd rather have a job than a lawsuit. If your main supervisors love you and tell you how happy they are with you, do what you can to ignore this other person and go on with your job.

If you feel it's just intolerable, consider reporting this supervisor to your agency again. But if you can just deal with it, and continue with your employment, that is most likely the best path you can take.

Sincerely,
Craig T. Byrnes
www.ctblawfirm.com

Disclaimer: Please be aware that I am not offering legal advice, nor forming an attorney-client relationship with you. I am not representing you, nor doing anything to protect your legal rights. If you believe that you have suffered a legal wrong, take action before any statute or limitations expires, or your right to do so may be lost forever. Good luck in your legal matter.

I will only have a job until i go on maternity! They already told the agency theyre not looking to hire me! When I was told the assignment was for 90days before they would make a disition, and now 5mths later im still here knowing they dont want to keep me.

It is unlawful to discriminate against an employee BECAUSE she is pregnant or out on maternity leave, etc. However, although the person said she would have to "talk to someone because they wanted someone long term," they did hire you. As such, based on what you wrote, it appears that you probably don't have a case of unlawful discrimination/harassment at this time. Advise your supervisor that you believe the person who is complaining to you is discriminating against you because of your pregnancy and ask them to make it stop. If you have further issues BECAUSE of your pregnancy (not just a personality conflict), call an employment law attorney to discuss.

Kristine S Karila

Kristine S Karila

If THE reason they don't want to keep you an employee or hire you again is BECAUSE of your pregnancy, you may have a case of unlawful discrimination. If you believe this is the case, call an employment law attorney to discuss. If you supervisor "loves" you, ask him/her to help you get rehired. I think you are focusing too much on the person who you have a personality conflict with - who, it appears from what you wrote, does not have any decisionmaking with regard to you.

Recommended articles about Employment