Discovery documents are not fully being produced by my husband as my attorney requested few years ago (motion to compel)

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I asked my attorney to either subpoena records or ask my ex to provide and if not file a motion to compel. Attorney is not doing any and I am worrying since I can not get those documents since the records are only kept for 7 yrs in banks.
1) Since we have asked my ex to bring them to deposition and we left the deposition open till he provides the documents & then we continue with another deposition, is the burden on him to bring in the years I can no longer get on my own? NOTE: we noticed him in 2009 & 2011 (going back 7 years , he could have received 2003 to 2005)
if I subpoena banks, going back i can only get 7 years going back meaning 2006&beyond. I need 2003-2005. SINCE HE WAS GIVEN PROPER NOTICE AND HE COULD HAVE RECEIVED FROM FROM BANKS, IS THE BURDEN ON HIM TO PROVIDE?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Eric Burton Strongin


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Get a new attorney or have a heart to heart with your current one. It is clear that you have lost faith and trust in him/her. You need to trust your attorney or things are going to be difficult for both of you. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,628 answers this week

3,362 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,628 answers this week

3,362 attorneys answering