Discovered a warrant for my arrest and bond amount. Will sending payment ensure it is lifted?

Red Bank, NJ |

I just discovered a warrant was issued for me over 5 years ago. I called the clerk of court and was advised of the bond amount ($1,000.00) I was told once I send in payment the warrant will be lifted immediately. Is this accurate?

Once you pay the bond, the warrant should be lifted. If it is an appearance bail you posted and not on any money you owe for fines, it should be returned to you after your last court appearance. But this assumes that you are going to show up to court until it is over.

Normally. Then the case will be listed and you will get notice. Be sure they have your address.

That is correct. But before you send in the money, get in touch with your lawyer. If you don't have one, get one. In many cases like the one you describe I have been successful in removing additional penalties for clients, but without all the facts I can't really comment on what will happen when they schedule you for Court. If you want to discuss this, e-mail me at

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets