Skip to main content

Disassociation; Does the qualifier/RMO need to send anything to the Secretary of State

San Diego, CA |
Filed under: Business

Does the qualifier/RMO need to send anything to the Secretary of State if Disassociating himself and his license from the corporation? It's my understanding that even though the Corporation owns the license, I still need to disassociate that license number and they will for a fee give me a new license with a new number?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You don't identify the license at issue, but assuming it is a contractor's license, you need to contact the Contractor's State License Board, not the Secretary of State, which handles all types of corporations, from regular "C" corporations to corporations for contractors, or even (gasp!) professional law corporations. 510-208-5500. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is not legal advice, because it is only of a general nature. Please contact a lawyer qualified in your jurisdiction to discuss your situation in confidence, using your factual details. Avvo answers are only general legal responses. Item 9 of's Terms and Conditions are incorporated in this disclaimer as though it were printed here.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer