Disabled Illegal Immigrant

Asked 7 months ago - Exton, PA

My brother in law is a disabled illegal immigrant. He is what is known as a dreamer who was brought into the country illegally for medical treatment. I recognize that this should have been done correctly the first time ,but now that I am in the situation of trying to find a way to care for him, I am trying to find out what options I have if any. From what I understand he is not eligible for any disability programs. Please do not advise me to seek the guidance of an attorney. I am aware of the need for that and I will do so when I have the resources to. I am just trying to see if there is a way of caring for him because I have been handed this situation and I do not have the resources to pay out of pocket for everything.

1. Ralf D. Wiedemann

6

Answered . You may want to contact religious organizations in your community which may be able to contribute financially to the medical care of one of its members.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

7

Answered . You do not need to wait for resources to talk to an immigration attorney.

If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/

3. Lindsey Warren Wilkes

7

Answered . Mr. Capriotti provided an excellent resource to help locate pro-bono legal assistance. I am not familiar with Pennsylvania, but it varies by state when it comes to free medical services for undocumented immigrants. D.C. for example has quite a few clinics that provide free services regardless of status, but it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to find such services in VA. Search for free medical clinics in your area, and hopefully they will be able to assist no matter his status.

4. Patricia Camuzzi Luber

5

Answered . If your brother resides in Pennsylvania you may want to contact the Pennsylvania Health Project which has an Emergency Medical Assistance Program. Here is the link with further information:
    http://www.phlp.org/home-page/providers/provide....

5. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

2

Answered . You should contact HIAS. They are located in Philadelphia: www.hias.org/

6. Joseph Gerard Cella

Pro

3

Answered . I understand your unfortunate situation involving your brother-in- law. However, so much more information is need to advise you how to proceed. BY "dreamer", are you saying that he qualifies for, or has been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, "DACA"? Regarding a consultation (which I am aware that we are not allowed to suggest), in such a case, many law firms would waive the consultation fee. The point is that you simply can not resolve such complex legal issues without having the knowledge of how to proceed which can not be provided to you with any degree of legitimacy and veracity based solely upon the very limited information you have provided. Moreover, if your brother-in-law is immobile, many firms such as ours offer Skype and telephonic consultations to clients and prospective clients. Good luck in finding a solution.