Dint file my FBAR in 2011 as I'm not aware- does it stop my green card processing?

Cleveland, OH |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

Hi , my company recently filed Green card for me. All the files and documents are very clear, but I don't file my FBAR in 2011 as I was not aware of it. Later I came to know about FBAR and filed it in 2012. Now does it stop my green card processing?or will their be an audition this?

You'll probably be OK.

Did you discuss this with the company's immigration lawyer yet? If not, do so tomorrow.

And ... don't talk to a non-attorney in HR ... stick with lawyers for legal advice.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You should let your lawyer know this and follow his advice. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinosi St Ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.