Different attorneys contacty me feeling they pursue my slipm and fall case. what is my alternative. i have forms to fill out

Toms River, NJ |

one attorneyhas been rated as. a supreme lawyer. expl;ain.

1. there are some lawyers that do solicit clients. such a practice used to be unethical at least in the states where i practice. some ratings are meaningful, some are not so don't necessarily be impressed. my two cents is that you ignore the lawyers that have solicited you and contact a reputable injury lawyer. if you do not know of one contact the NJ trial lawyers association for a listing in your area or the local county bar association. good luck.

2. Don't try to do it by yourself, and don't do busines with a lawyer who chases your case. If you have a decent case, you will have no trouble finding a good lawyer. Avoid lawyers who make excessive claims for their own wonderfulness or who promise you lots of money.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

3. You should not be getting solicited for a slip and fall claim by any attorney or their representatives. Contact the Bar immediately to notifiy them of this conduct. With regard to your injury use Avvo's find a lawyer tab at the top of the xcreen to find a great attorney near you.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

4. Simply find a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low contingency fee to investigate your claim.

5. You should look for an attorney who is a member of the organization of trial lawyers in your state. Most of the best attorneys belong to the American Association for Justice and the state organization of trial lawyers (New Jersey Association for Justice or the New Jersey Association of Trial Lawyers). While membership is not a guarantee of a quality attorney, your chances of finding an excellent attorney to handle your case is much higher with such an attorney.

I would stay away from attorneys who are out there soliciting you. Good attorneys do not have to look for clients. Clients come to us.

Legal disclaimer: The comments above by Dale Larrimore, Esq. are provided as general information and not as a legal opinion or legal advice, because all facts are not available. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney in your state who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by Dale Larrimore, Esq., of Larrimore & Farnish, LLP, does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state or under Federal law.

6. I agree with my colleagues. A reputable attorney is not an ambulance chaser. Typically an attorney will bear the risk of representing you. He/she will pay for costs up front as well. If you recover money he/she will take 1/3. An attorney who takes less is most unusual and you get what you pay for.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.