Skip to main content

Didnt show up for my deadline for my dui wet and reckless

Santa Clarita, CA |

i was told to finish my dui classes and pay a fee, i already turned in my community service and completed it and did a few classes of my alcohol anonymous classes which i have 4 more left. but 2 days ago was my deadline to pay the fee and show them i completed the classes fully and i think i have dropped out of the class twice. now im scared to go back to court because i know i have a bench warrant. is there a way to fix this?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Go back to court and hope the judge will grant you an extension.
    Robert Driessen

    Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at

  2. If your DUI is out of Santa Clarita court, you may be taking a big risk going to court on this without an attorney. They can be pretty unforgiving there. A warrant may well have issued when you dropped out of the class and you might find you cannot go back to class without a court order.

    It'll cost some money, but the best way to handle this is to have an attorney appear on your behalf to get the warrant(s) lifted. Call me for more info on the process at 213-324-4206. The consultation is free and without obligation.

  3. You may be best served to retain an attorney to go to court for you. It appears you are making strides to complete all of your couret ordered obligations, but often times the judges simply look at the deadline and decide it is time to punish you. An experienced attorney can often times articulate the efforts you have made, and convince the judge to grant an extension. In the meantime, continue to complete your tasks, as it will appear even better for you that you didn't simply stop and give up. Good Luck

    William Wolfe
    (760) 631-1099

  4. There are different kinds of warrants. This type of a warrant will usually allow a second referral to the DUI classes. Have you attorney put you back on calendar. If you don't have an attorney, go to the criminal clerk ans ask them to put you on calendar "pro per" or have your public defender put you on calender. Have a good reason as to why you did not keep up with your classes. Usually money problems is a good issue. You could end up going to jail, but most judges will give a second chance, but just one chance, to get back into the DUI classes. Mark Sollitt

  5. There IS a way to fix this. And, although you may be scared to go to court and fix this the right way, it is much more scary to be picked up on a warrant and spend at least 48 hours in jail before being brought to court in shackles on the Sheriff's bus.

    The best thing you can do for yourself is hire an attorney who regularly appears in Santa Clarita, knows the players (prosecutors and judges), and can get you the best possible outcome. The longer you wait, the harder it is to resolve, and the worse it will be for you.

    Feel free to give me a call for a free no obligation consulation on my cell at 310-892-4218 and/or visit my website at

DUI court topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics