Did the 85% of sentence law change to 65%?

Asked over 3 years ago - Moriches, NY

I was told that the bill passed yet I can not find anything on the internet that states that.My question is if so when will go into effect and how does this work?

1. Ryan G. Blanch

Pro

Answered . We may need a little more information to answer this. Are you referring to time off of imposed sentences for good time and merit time? The rockefellar laws (drug crimes) were repealed and there has been subsequent legislation and case law allowing retroactive application for resentencing, etc. if you could state your specific issue with more detail we could try to help.

-- by: associate for R.B.

2. Thomas Arthur Kenniff

Answered . It has not changed for violent felony convictions. There have been extensive changes via the drug law reform act, but you have to consider the facts of each particular case.

Please feel free to contact me with any specific questions.

Best regards,

Tom Kenniff