Did the 85% of sentence law change to 65%?

Moriches, NY |

I was told that the bill passed yet I can not find anything on the internet that states that.My question is if so when will go into effect and how does this work?

1. We may need a little more information to answer this. Are you referring to time off of imposed sentences for good time and merit time? The rockefellar laws (drug crimes) were repealed and there has been subsequent legislation and case law allowing retroactive application for resentencing, etc. if you could state your specific issue with more detail we could try to help.

-- by: associate for R.B.

As we don't know enough about your case, you should not consider my answer to be legal advice. You would need to consult with an attorney at length and include details about what has occurred in order to adequately assess your criminal exposure.

2. It has not changed for violent felony convictions. There have been extensive changes via the drug law reform act, but you have to consider the facts of each particular case.

Please feel free to contact me with any specific questions.

Best regards,

Tom Kenniff