Did Ohio Unemployment director violated Employee rights based on Ohio Law 4141.291 and 4141.28;29 codes denied her benefits?

Columbus, OH |

I was working for a retail store for over 3 years and asked for job transfer to move out of state. The store HR in Ohio where l was initially worked only told me to do the transfer myself by enter the store # , address and then to contact the store manager or HR to pull off my job profile status in order to valid the job transfer, and l did all that.

But when l got to the other state, l did not get a transfer, and they never give me a reason why, so l file for unemployment, but got disqualified for voluntary quit.

I was not quit, and they l was going to move out of state and asked for a Job transfer. How is that met the Ohio Reversed Code 4141.29 disqualification under such code?

The employer has its policy that anyone can transfer to any other store as long as the other store is hiring

One of the store l was trying to transfer to in the new state, called the initial Ohio store where l used to work to check on my job status after they were unable to pull up my status, and the Ohio store said l was terminated. But they said l was quit on the Unemployment Claim. The worst part of this simple case is the fact that the director of the Ohio Unemployment Claim has defended the employer instead of justice and the laws. Kept asking why l have to move out of state and that is not a good cause.

Your case raises a number of issues. Based on the information you provided, it would appear that you may have had a claim that you should not have been disqualified from benefits. However, your question does not indicate where you are in the unemployment process. Is your claim still being processed? Have you had a hearing (usually conducted over the telphone)? Did you timely appeal the decision(s) that you were not entitled to benefits? Without knowing the status of your claim, it is impossible to know whether anything can be done at this point to get your benefits.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.

I am working on the appeal now. But l was mad that the Ohio Umemployment Disqualified me based on the laws. Plus, l am strongly appalling that the director stated that they do not use the company policy of job transfer in that case after called about the denied, instead she kept asked me what is the good cause to move out of state.

I have 10 days left to appeal. But l am done writing the appeal and going to do it electronically today.

Recommended articles about Employment