Did not get what we signed a contract for.

Asked over 4 years ago - Gainesville, VA

I signed a contract for a 25-30 person luxury limo party bus. When the limo arrived it was not a party bus with a lighted floor or disco lights like advertised. It also only fit 22 people, 4 had to drive themselves to prom. 3 of the kids had to sit on lawn chairs. Since my contract said a luxury party bus and I did not get that, what can I do. I do not have the money to hire an attorney and pay legal fees to get back my $1400.00. I did get $220.00 refund and @125.00 to use for a point to point transfer. But I feel this is not enough since we did not get the bus that was advertised.

1. Sammid J Mansoor

Answered . A full refund is not likely. While you may not have received the service you contracted to receive, you did receive service.

It is unfortunate that the limo was not correct, but it appears that the operator attempted to compensate you for the difference. Since the provider performed a service, he is entilted to some compensation. The difficulty therefore will be showing your damages. The +/- $325 you received will likely be all you are entitled to receive.

Good Luck and if you need further information, feel free to contact me.
    Sam

NOTE: If you find this response helpful, please click on the “thumbs up” button at the bottom.
    Disclaimer

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision & should not be based solely upon advertisements. This site presents general information & is not intended as legal advice. Accessing this page, & any interior pages, is a request for information. That notwithstanding, nothing on these pages, or on any pages linked to these pages, shall be construed as legal advice, nor shall anything on these pages by itself operate to create an attorney/client relationship. An attorney/client relationship cannot be created before the firm has accepted the representation. Acceptance cannot occur before the firm engages you with services & runs a conflict check & your have been notified that you are a client of the law office by email or other written means. Please do not make legal decisions without first having a direct one on one consultation with a Virginia Attorney or an Attorney in you area that knows the relevant facts of your case. www.loudounlawyer.com & www.onlinevalegalforms.com
    [Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]