Did not get the time the attorney told me I would get.

Asked 10 months ago - Santa Clara, CA

Went to court and the attorney went back from talking to judge and told me they were going to give me 1 month so I agreed to it. Right away within a minute of her informing me if I accepted one month , They judge spoke the sentencing right away and the judge said 2 months jail time ? I didn't know until I saw my court paper. I asked my attorney and she said yes it's 2 months jail. But I was like "but you told me only 1 and I agreed to it why is it 2 " If I knew it was gonna be 2 I have decided to keep fighting the case. What can I do at this point help!!

1. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

3

1

Answered . So it seems you thought you were going to plead to something and get one sentence but instead at the last minute you got something else. The question is why did you proceed forward and sign for the deal when you knew that the amount of time was more than you originally thought. Tell your attorney your concerns and if he isn't giving you satisfactory answers, consult another attorney. Good luck.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

3

Answered . You need to review this matter confidentially with the attorney in your case and determine why this happened. Also, you might not have gotten a better outcome. You might be careful what you wish for. If you get to take back your plea, you may wind up with more time.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . two months in many cases means one month actual. Watch out about jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Consult with another experience criminal attorney before withdrawing your plea.