Did my bank apply too much of my payments to interest instead of the principal loan balance?

Orlando, FL |

Well i started a auto loan with a bank and it has been several years but now that I have looked back at my history I feel I have been severely over charge for the interest, and I have gone to the bank with my concerns and they tried to explain to me its an immersion system so since i have been late several times over the years that this effects the amounts applied to interest..... but it is always changing going up and down whether I pay early or late or double. So I don't know if they are lying to me to cover the butt or if I am just wrong and it is what they say it is...any options for me?

1. No way for us to tell on this side of the computer--take all your documents and have them reviewed again at your bank--in an attempt to make sure YOU understand the situation (as it appears from your post you do not) THEN go see an attorney in your area and discuss what you believe to determine if any state laws or regulations have been violated under the contract you have with this bank.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.