Did I miss a deadline in trademark board case before the uspto? Will the judges have ill-will towards me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

The other side filed a motion to compel. I got an extension and got this letter in the mail saying the time to respond to the motion was extended.
It stated the following:
"The response is due no later than May 4th, 2013. This was a saturday. "
I submitted the response on May 6th, which was the Monday because I read this would be okay on the opposition manual. However, I am now worrying that because the language explicity stated "due no later than May 4th" that the rule of what happens if a deadline falls on a weekend does not apply. I am in way over my head here? Please help.
This is a trademark cancellation proceeding with the united states patent and trademark office for intellectual property. Not a trademark application.

Whoops. Quote should have ended as such:
"The response is due no later than May 4th, 2013."

1. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, documents due on Sat or Sun or Federal holidays are timely if filed at the USPTO on Monday, and that includes TTAB Cancellation. You are right, you are in way over your head. If you are failing to disclose or produce and making the other side file motions to compel, the judge will have ill-will toward you, and rightly so. The judges do not like pro se litigants because they make the Judge do a lot more work so some, usually foolish, pro se litigant can save attorney fees. Get a lawyer and quit doing this yourself. Sounds like you are losing badly.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . response on May 6th should be fine

3. Alexander H Butterman

Pro

Answered . There are general attorneys who cannot even navigate their way through TTAB proceedings so if you are not an attorney at all, forget it. Either hire a trademark attorney or just surrender the registration & really save yourself money.