DHS case closed with supervision. I want to reopen to get unsupervised visitaiton.

Asked about 2 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

I completed rehab, got a job etc. Father (who has custody) refuses visitation even though there is a court order.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Heather Morcroft

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . If the dependency court did not retain jurisdiction, which is normally the case when the child is with a parent, then you will have to get an attorney and go to domestic relations court.

    If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this... more

Related Topics

Visitation rights in child custody agreements

Child visitation refers to non-custodial parents' rights to visit their children. These rights are commonly detailed in a visitation plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,532 answers this week

3,292 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,532 answers this week

3,292 attorneys answering