Destruction of property?

Brooklyn, NY |

Hello, if my roommate was kind enough to through out my garbage to the garbage room without my consent is that considered destruction of property or some other technical law term?

No. Not if it was, as you state, "garbage."

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon free legal advice and I disclaim any liability for the results if you do.

Garbage is garbage. Even if you could pursue a claim against your roommate what exactly would your damages be?

"Offenses against property. No student shall take, possess, damage, litter or deface (with graffiti, graffiti instruments, or otherwise) any property not his or her own on the University campus or on any University property." I just want my roommate to be charge with this violation. Is he guilty of violating this code?

Recommended articles about Real estate