Derivative asylum based green card and renewal of national passport

Asked about 1 year ago - Fort Myers, FL

Can I renew my national passport for traveling? I know I am supposed to use RTD, but not all embassies issue visa in RTD, and some countries just don't know what it is (talking abt Poland, Czech Republic). I am thinking on going to Europe (not COP) next summer, and I am not sure if its ok to renew a passport. I have 2 more years before I can apply for naturalization. So would it be ok to renew a passport?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . You can do whatever you want. There is no law, just yet, that precludes you from renewing your national passport, especially if your national passport is of a country different from that from which the asylum was granted to the principle. I am not saying yours is, I am just pointing out another nuance. You can have a long conversation about that not being a good policy, I am referring to renewing the national passport, but it will do no harm to you if you renew your national passport or travel on it.

2. Majid Vasigh

Pro

3

Answered . It should be, yes.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . It is never wise to renew a passport from a country of which you and your family fled.

I suggest that you get a RTD and learn how to be patient for 2 more years.

You are super lucky to be in the US ... don't push your luck.