Skip to main content

Deported in 2005 , reapplying with 212 ( d ) 3 waiver request on L2 visa as my husband has L1A .

Chicago, IL |

My husband has L1A visa and is currently in US , I was deported in 2005 for misrepresenting myself with Canadian citizenship ( which were not genuine ) . I have completed 5 years of ban in 2010 and tried applying on B1 / B2 visa twice and was rejected . Now I am applying for an L2 visa with 212d3 waiver request want to know what are the chances and what questions will be asked ?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Misrepresentation is a serious charge. I am not sure if you will be able to get any visa now. You need to consult with an attorney to determine if a waiver is available in your situation. Also, it depends on whether there was a determination of fraud/ misrepresentation or not.

    Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

  2. The inquiry into the reasons you listed for your nonimmigrant waiver request.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

  3. This is a serious and difficult issue to deal with, you really should be represented by an attorney that can inquire into your previous case, review the totality of your immigration history and assist you thouroughly with your petition for reentry assuming you qualify to apply for a waiver. Good luck.

  4. Consult with an attorney to review your previous applications, the allegation of misrepresentation, and to prepare your applications and waiver

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  5. Very slim, next to none.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics