Skip to main content

Dependent spouse moving from L2 to H4 .Looking for other visa options. Details about H3 visa type.

Des Plaines, IL |

I am working on L1 visa and some other company filed my H1B visa and it got approved . My spouse was working as a QA analyst on L2 visa with EAD . As i will move to H1 her visa automatically will move to H4.
Is there any visa type she can ask her employer to file for her so that she can continue working. I am looking for visa options which are easier and faster to get .
I heard from some employers about H3 visa . Can you please describe about that also. Will it help her to work also.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You are asking for a consultation. Fine, but not on AVVO, which is a general information blog, not a law firm.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


You are on the right track. No, there is no way for wife to work under H-4 status. You are on the right track with the H-3 Training visa. It is not easy to obtain or have approved. The employer's immigration lawyers have got to be really good... You can google the H-3 visa requirements and see for yourself. There is also the J-1 category that is usually simpler and easier to obtain. Her employer will need a sponsoring organization for that one. Google the req's as well.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


H-3 visas are for training for a job abroad.

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You are trying to tuck in an entire legal consultation disguising it as a general legal question. That never works.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer