Dependent spouse moving from L2 to H4 .Looking for other visa options. Details about H3 visa type.

Asked 11 months ago - Des Plaines, IL

I am working on L1 visa and some other company filed my H1B visa and it got approved . My spouse was working as a QA analyst on L2 visa with EAD . As i will move to H1 her visa automatically will move to H4.
Is there any visa type she can ask her employer to file for her so that she can continue working. I am looking for visa options which are easier and faster to get .
I heard from some employers about H3 visa . Can you please describe about that also. Will it help her to work also.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . H-3 visas are for training for a job abroad.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . You are asking for a consultation. Fine, but not on AVVO, which is a general information blog, not a law firm.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

2

Answered . You are on the right track. No, there is no way for wife to work under H-4 status. You are on the right track with the H-3 Training visa. It is not easy to obtain or have approved. The employer's immigration lawyers have got to be really good... You can google the H-3 visa requirements and see for yourself. There is also the J-1 category that is usually simpler and easier to obtain. Her employer will need a sponsoring organization for that one. Google the req's as well.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . You are trying to tuck in an entire legal consultation disguising it as a general legal question. That never works.