Department of labor & industries assements. What can a business owner do to protect personal assets.

Everett, WA |
Filed under: Business

the department has been harrassing mewith an ongoing audit for six years and i have been paying an attorney over 100,000 a year for defense and the company can no longer afford it in this current market. The department posted lien fo over $232,000 and said they want a fine of $2 million. What can i do other than close the business .

1. I keep coming back to your question and I can't help but wonder, why are you paying a lawyer $100,000 a year if you have yet to resolve your problem after six years? Maybe the answer is that you either need to redirect your lawyer's efforts or consider retaining a new one. Does your lawyer specialize in resolving l&i tax issues? If not, consider finding one that does.

Disclaimer: The answer to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship, and is for informational purposes only. You should consult your attorney for legal advice tailored to your individual circumstances. The answer is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice.

Business topics