Dentist started root canal and 3 fillings and never finished!

Trenton, GA |

I'll give a brief explanation of my "situation." In December I seen dentist for a wisdom extraction & root canal. He pulled the wisdom and damaged the one next to it. When I asked about it and told him that it was painful, he blew me off. This was at my root canal therapy visit. I paid both the root canal and extraction in full. My ins. paid some and I paid the rest. He only done part of the root canal and gave me an appt to come back the next month. I went in half expecting him to finish my root canal when he did not. He drilled and temporarily filled 3 other teeth. I'd had several visits with him by this point and he didn't one time speak of finishing my root canal therapy. Note, this was months ago. He said he used all my ins. during the TEMPORARY fillings and sent me on my way without

the finished RCT or finishing the fillings! They told me at the filling visit that they'd used all my insurance so I wouldn't get another appt! I left without paying for that visit because first off, drilling my teeth and putting TEMPORARY fillings and leaving it like that was more damage than help and for two, if they didn't plan on finishing the fillings or the RCT, why pay MORE? up until that day, every procedure was paid IN full. However, I need these damaged teeth fixed and if that dentist milked my insurance and said he used it all, how do I get another dentist to help me?! I'm scared and desperate and sick of hurting. Id love to find another dentist who'll fix the mistakes, work with me on a payment plan since he took all my ins. Is this even possible!? OF course an attorney will be more than appreciated too, but bottom line is I need a dentist who'll help me asap! I'm a college student,can't come up with hundreds and hundreds of dollars again at the moment.

1. You should try to get on a payment plan that you can afford. Most dentists will work something out with you.

The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

2. If your damages (like medical expenses) end up exceeding $40k or so, and if the previous dentist can be shown to have violated the standard of care, you might have a valid claim. I foresee the biggest challenge is the damage model. These cases take ten of thousands of dollars to litigate. Your damages must be extensive to economically justify the cost of the suit.

I am not a georgia attorney. You will need to consult with a local attorney to get competent advice regarding state law and the statute of limitations.

3. It does not sound like malpractice. If you like the dentist, try to work something out with him. A payment plan is a possibility.