Dentist peforated sinus ripped maxillary feeling sick ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Canton, OH

I am feeling really sick light headed and hot and sore throat and stuffy nose and drainage in my ears and throat. I went to my dentist appointment jan 8, 2013 at 1.00 for a cavity filling a student girl named Kristy who was unsupervised at the time was doing it then she said couldn't do it my cavity was too deep.She asked if i would want to do extraction, crown, root canal later down the road. i said extraction she kept taking forever. in the process she ripped my maxillary and peforated my sinus now i have to see a surgeon. I feel this is pain and suffering and injury . I need some advice can i still go through the surgery sue for pain and suffering and injury? I started feeling really sick jan 17 , 2013 not feeling well at all don't know what to do not sure I 'm confused.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Megan Joy Frantz

    Contributor Level 2


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should contact an attorney who handles dental malpractice cases in Canton.

  2. Chris Matthew Limberopoulos

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is another in the trend of dental questions on AVVO.
    Dental cases can be very difficult. your history is extremely important to understanding your claim.
    Consult with a lawyer who can review your records. I hope things turn out well for you.

  3. Kevin Coluccio

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry for your situation. The best thing for you to do is to consult with an attorney. In your community. The attorney. Would need to review the records.

  4. John Maurice Holcomb

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Ma'am, you need a dentist or doctor before you need a lawyer. You could be putting your health and life at risk by allowing a possible infection to fester. In addition, IF you have a malpractice case, you may be hurting it by delaying treatment. The at-fault dentist could argue that any harm was the result of your unreasonable delaying treatment of a complication.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,971 answers this week

2,798 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,971 answers this week

2,798 attorneys answering